These are the terms for all pilot/escort drivers who undertake subcontract work offered bySouthern Star Road Pilots Pty. Ltd T/A East Coast Pilot Service
(Herein referred to as the contractor.)
Sole trader’s company’s individuals or other entities who undertake work for and on behalf of Southern Star Road Pilots trading as East Coast Pilot Service are;
(Herein referred to as the sub- contractor)
1. The sub-contractor ensures it has a minimum of $10,000,000 current public Liability Insurance and indemnifies the contractor in that regard.
2. The subcontractor agrees to perform work in the manner agreed to and cannot further subcontract the work to another party without written authority of East Coast Pilot Service.
3. The subcontractor agrees to perform the escort/pilot function at a rate or price agreed
4. The subcontractor agrees to complete the work agreed, except in emergent circumstances, and where the emergent circumstances are immediately bought to the attention of East Coast Pilot service. The subcontractor will not withdraw services without the consent and agreement of the contractor. Failure to comply or simply to divert from the task to perform another task for other persons will result in full cost recovery from the Sub-contractor at the discretion of the contractor.
5. Waiting time or Demurrage can only be authorised by Directors or Management of the contractor.
6. Waiting time or demurrage will be paid at a rate at the discretion of the contractor and only when PRIOR to the waiting being undertaken authorised.
7. The subcontractor agrees to comply with all relevant road rules and regulations relation to the escort of a pilot/escort load in any state or Territory of Australia in which the work is performed.
8. The subcontractor will comply with all Workplace Health & Safety Laws and Regulations both State and Federal in any work place ( a pilot vehicle is a workplace)
9. Full personal protective clothing is to be worn at all times (Thongs are never to be worn)
10. The subcontractor will immediately contact the contractor by telephone at the conclusion of the task and before leaving the destination. The kilometres driven or hours taken are to be advised. If there is a failure to do so the payment for services will be made at the discretion of the Contractor.
11. The subcontractor cannot make any agreement with a client of the contractor which is not authorised by the contractor prior to works or duties. Should such an agreement be made without authority of the contractor, where the contractor suffers a loss? Full cost recovery will be made at the expense of the subcontractor.
12. Any disputes must be in writing and delivered to the contractor no later than 24 hours of the relevant time otherwise a dispute will be resolved in the favour of the contractor
13. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in the immediate termination of the works and cost recovery at the discretion of the contractor.
site designed locally by TLR | Copyright East Coast Pilot Service 2021